hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Buttler, David" <buttl...@llnl.gov>
Subject RE: How can i configure?
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 16:41:16 GMT
By default the namenode cannot be run on multiple nodes.  Check out avatar nodes for one solution.
For a six node cluster, there is no need to run 3 zookeepers.  Run one on the same host as
the name node
When you get to 10+ nodes, then you can start thinking about adding more zookeeper nodes.

Also, put the hmaster on the namenode.  Three region servers on a six node cluster is just
wasteful.

The secondary namenode can also host a datanode and a regionserver

-----Original Message-----
From: shanmuganathan.r [mailto:shanmuganathan.r@zohocorp.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 3:43 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: How can i configure?

Hi,

      Now i am using HBase in distributed mode . I want to use the HBase in the Hadoop in
multi master coniguration. now i am trying to configure six nodes like following

1. Namenode,jobtracker,secondarynamenode
2. Namenode,jobtracker,secondarynamenode
3.datanode,tasktracker,HMaster
4.datanode,tasktracker,HRegionserver,zookeeper1
5.datanode,tasktracker,HRegionserver,zookeeper2
6.datanode,tasktracker,HRegionserver,zookeeper3

is this configuration is possible? yes or no means how can i configure hbase in multimaster
environment

i used the hadoop 0.20.2 , hbase 0.90.1,  zookeeper 3.3.3

in my current configuration i face the following errors

      1. In the second master the namenode and jobtracker is not woring
if we start the two namenodes separately means it run , otherwise it doesnot run  ------&gt;
from that my question is can we need to run the namenodes separately?

      2. The zookeeper, HMaster and one of my regionserver are working properly but other
two are not working . i got the following exception in my fault region sever log that is

2011-07-21 15:46:57,234 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.ShutdownHook: Installed
shutdown hook thread: Shutdownhook:regionserver60020
2011-07-21 15:46:57,303 DEBUG org.apache.hadoop.hbase.catalog.CatalogTracker: Starting catalog
tracker org.apache.hadoop.hbase.catalog.CatalogTracker@1efb4be
2011-07-21 15:46:57,306 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.MemStoreFlusher: globalMemStoreLimit=398.7m,
globalMemStoreLimitLowMark=348.9m, maxHeap=996.8m
2011-07-21 15:46:57,308 DEBUG org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.PriorityCompactionQueue:
Create PriorityCompactionQueue
2011-07-21 15:46:57,308 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer: Runs every
10000000ms

2011-07-21 15:47:57,443 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer: Unable to
connect to master. Retrying. Error was:
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:592)
        at org.apache.hadoop.net.SocketIOWithTimeout.connect(SocketIOWithTimeout.java:206)
        at org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.connect(NetUtils.java:404)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseClient$Connection.setupIOstreams(HBaseClient.java:328)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseClient.getConnection(HBaseClient.java:883)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseClient.call(HBaseClient.java:750)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC$Invoker.invoke(HBaseRPC.java:257)
        at $Proxy5.getProtocolVersion(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC.getProxy(HBaseRPC.java:419)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC.getProxy(HBaseRPC.java:393)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC.getProxy(HBaseRPC.java:444)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC.waitForProxy(HBaseRPC.java:349)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.getMaster(HRegionServer.java:1445)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.reportForDuty(HRegionServer.java:1486)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.tryReportForDuty(HRegionServer.java:1470)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.run(HRegionServer.java:563)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)