hbase-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Monitoring
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2011 00:13:38 GMT
Hello,

I was just looking at Ganglia that one of our customers uses for their 200+ node HBase cluster.
 I do not find Ganglia very nice.  For example, I don't think I can make it render some
metric for N nodes on a single chart for example, or that I can pick a very specific time
period, etc.  We at Sematext use our own SPM [1] service to monitor our own HBase and Solr
clusters.  It doesn't have everything you need (e.g. we only have a prototype for alerts,
but we didn't deploy it yet), but the service is currently free for all because we haven't
integrated it with any payment services yet..... so whoever is interested.... :)

Otis
[1] http://sematext.com/spm/index.html

P.S.
We're looking for people who want to work on SPM - http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html

for now and will be expanding this rapidly as well as adding Hbase. I am looking to find out
what people are using for monitoring Hadoop currently. I want to be notified if a node fails,
performance statistics, failed drive or services ect. I was thinking of using Opsview and
trying in Ganglia. Thanks in advance