hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase operations
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 18:19:42 GMT
HBCK can give you false positives while regions are in transition, during normal operations
such as splits. Stack could probably say more here.

I don't know firsthand but I would assume that Facebook starts with HBCK results and then
has some additional process for determining if something is really wrong.

I think with a little effort it can be taught to be smart enough that it could become the
basis for a Nagios sensor or what have you for widespread use.

   - Andy