hbase-user mailing list archives

From hmch...@tsmc.com
Subject Re: secondary index
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 07:42:09 GMT

Hi,

It seems that it is not compatible with 0.90.1-cdh3u0.
There are compile errors in openHRegion and replayRecoveredEditsIfAny.
Any ideas?
Thank you

public class TransactionalRegion extends HRegion {

    @Override
    protected HRegion openHRegion(final Progressable reporter) throws
IOException {

    @Override
    protected long replayRecoveredEditsIfAny(final Path regiondir, final
long minSeqId, final Progressable reporter)

Fleming Chiu(邱宏明)
Ext: 707-2260
Be Veg, Go Green, Save the Planet!

             Eric Charles

             <eric.charles@u-mangate.c

             om>
                                               user@hbase.apache.org

                                             cc

             2011/06/13 下午 02:35
                                          Subject
                                               Re: secondary index

                 Please respond to

               user@hbase.apache.org

Hi,
This is the place for the source
https://github.com/hbase-trx/hbase-transactional-tableindexed

You will have to build it (mvn package) and validate it is still
compatible with 0.90.1-cdh3u0.

About the installation, they say "Drop the jar in the classpath of your
application". I guess adding it to the lib folder of the HBase
installation will do the job (to be verified).
There's also some configuration and TableIndexed.rb to add to have
additional commands via the console.

Tks,
- Eric

On 13/06/11 08:00, hmchiud@tsmc.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build secondary index by hbase-transactional-tableindexed.
> My HBase version is hbase-0.90.1-cdh3u0.jar.
> Where can I download the hbase-transactional-tableindexed jar ?
> and how can I deploy that jar (to each region server?)
> or is there any best secondary index components?
> Thank you very much
>
> Fleming

>                                                           TSMC PROPERTY
>   This email communication (and any attachments) is proprietary
information
>   for the sole use of its
>   intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by
anyone
>   other than the intended
>   recipient is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient,
>   please notify the sender by
>   replying to this email, and then delete this email and any copies of it
>   immediately. Thank you.

                                                         TSMC PROPERTY
 for the sole use of its
 other than the intended