hbase-user mailing list archives

From Cosmin Lehene <cleh...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: connection loss for /hbase
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 09:56:15 GMT
Hi Geoff,

The default number of connections in ZK is 10 I believe. You don't need 32K for 100 mappers.
But it would help to increase that.
Here's my answer for a related problem http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6153560/hbase-client-connectionloss-for-hbase-error/

I'm not sure how HBase managed ZK works, but I suspect there's a single instance (somebody
correct me if I'm wrong).

There's a "zk dump" link on the HBase master web interface where you can see the status of
all ZK connections to each node.
You should run a ZK cluster as well on the HBase nodes (3 or 5 nodes, make sure it's not an
even number). Here's a set of puppet recipes for Hadoop, HBase, Zookeeper https://github.com/hstack/puppet
as well if you want to automate the setup.

Cosmin