hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: in-memory data grid vs. ehcache + hbase
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 16:39:07 GMT
I don't know of a generic soln to the prob. you describe.  Sounds like
you have hacked up something for your purposes only the local cache is
read-only?  Can't you change your inserts so they update both hbase
and push out to local cache?

St.Ack

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Hiller, Dean  x66079
<dean.hiller@broadridge.com> wrote:
> Oh, and I was hoping something like this kind of framework using the hbase slaves file
was already existence...hard to believe it would not be since our performance increase would
be around 100 times in this case....we are currently using something other than hbase and
when we change to this type of design it flies.

> Thanks,
> Dean

rare occurrence as this is admin stuff)
> 2. write something out to all nodes telling it to evict the stale entry from the cache
>
> Then on the next read on any node, it gets the new data.  It is okay if one node gets
a different value during the transition to the new value than another node and that it becomes
eventually consistent.

> Thanks,
> Dean

rows.  We have found out that having a copy/cache on each node is EXTREMELY fast for our
batch processing since these copies of data are local AND in-memory.  The issue I am struggling
with is the best way to evict stale entries from the cache since these entries are rarely
updated in our system, but we still need to evict them from all nodes.  Anyone else struggling
with this problem?