hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Does anybody enable MSLAB in production system? I am not sure if it's stable enough for production system?
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2011 23:30:55 GMT
The only thing we saw is that with a high enough count of regions
(close to a thousand and more) the cost of each memstore (2MB by
default even when empty, and that's per family per region) is enough
to put you at a higher risk of getting OOMEs if you don't modify your
heap after enabling mslab. I would recommend enabling it on a few
region servers to see how it goes if you aren't sure.

J-D