hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Question about Thrift when upgrading from Hbase .20.6 to .90.3
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 22:41:04 GMT
On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Zhong, Andy <Sheng.Zhong@searshc.com> wrote:
> St.Ack,
> Thanks, I read it, and actually we did tried upgrading in our QA for our
> real time app from 0.20.3 to 0.90.2 on Hadoop 0.20.2, but just replaced
> the hadoop-core with hadoop-core-0.20-append-r1056497.jar (thought it is
> a append anyway) shipped from Hbase 0.90.2 based on Michael Noll's
> suggestion. What do you think about this option and will have any
> potential issue? - Andy Zhong

There will be an issue in that the jar we ship with is missing some
important fixes that were added to the tip of the append branch
(hdfs-1554 and hdfs-1555, utility that hbase needs when splitting logs
on node failure).  I would suggest you build the tip of the append
branch using Michael Noll's instructions.

St.Ack