hbase-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Tarnas <...@email.com>
Subject Re: full table scan
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 14:59:43 GMT
How many regions does your table have?  If all of the data is still in one
region then you will be rate limited by how fast that single region can be
read.  3 nodes is also pretty small, the more nodes you have the better (at
least 5 for dev and test and 10+ for production has been my experience).

Also, with only 4 servers you probably only need one zookeeper node; you
will not be putting it under any serious load and you already have a SPOF on
server1 (namenode, hbase master, etc).

-chris