hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: copy_table.rb doesn't work
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2011 16:33:08 GMT
On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 6:57 AM, James Hammerton
<james.hammerton@mendeley.com> wrote:
> We've now come up against another problem, namely that on our cluster
> attempts to merge regions don't seem to do anything. I tested my merging
> script on a single node pseudo distributed instance where it did merge
> regions, so I'm not sure what the problem is. On Monday I'll try and get
> more info about the messages that were appearing when the merges were
> attempted.

I wonder if you made a single region to span N of your troublesome
regions and then just dumped all the storefiles into, enabled it, and
then let hbase figure it?  It should open all the storefiles.  A bunch
of heavy-duty compactions and some splits should ensue.  Could you try
it over in your test pseudo-distributed setup?

St.Ack