hbase-user mailing list archives

From Zhenyu Zhong <zhongresea...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase Get issue
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 20:34:24 GMT
I am using MapReduce job to retrieve records from HTable.
Sometimes I experienced issues such as a record exists in the HTable, but
the MapReduce job doesn't return one by using Get.
The job still finished successfully.  During that period, the table might
experience some unknown issue, for example, the regions of that table didn't
respond. We have to shutdown the regionserver to make them reassigned.
(Would that be the problem?)

Is there a way to tell the difference between a record in the HTable but
fail to return and a record doesn't exist in the table?

Best,
zhenyu