hbase-user mailing list archives

From Shuja Rehman <shujamug...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logical Division of Hbase Cluster
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 08:41:20 GMT
Well...There are couple of reasons

1- The data is coming from different regions of country and i want to
distribute the data w.r.t regions. e.g
RegionServer1-RegsionServer4  contain east region data only.
RegionServer2-RegionServer6 contain  west region data only.

2- The cluster is combination of different machines w.r.t hardware (RAM,
Processor Speed,Number of Cores). Some tables are access frequently and some
access for fewer time so i want to place the most accessed tables on the
machines with highest RAM and processing speeds. e.g create table1, colFam1
@10.10.10.2,10.10.10.3,10.10.10.10.4 (list of region servers)

4- I need to implement different priority scanning so the highest priority
query should be serve through good machines and this can be done if i able
to place the priority data on good machines. e.g if time= busy hours then
place data at good region servers.else if time=night then place data at
normal servers.

--
Regards
Shuja-ur-Rehman Baig