hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: descaling hbase
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 18:39:20 GMT
That's why you should use the DN decommissioning feature that I
referred to. You can do it for 20 machines all at the same time if you
want as long as you have the capacity.

J-D

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Michael Segel
<michael_segel@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, but you don't want to drop all of the machines at the same time. When you decommission
a node, you need to give the cluster time to rebalance before dropping a second node.