hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jason Rutherglen <jason.rutherg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's the best approach to search in HBase?
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 03:50:05 GMT
I think this's the key line: "ElasticSearch is the search analogue to
HBase that frees us from some restrictions that Solr imposes".  It is
quite true however if search is inside of HBase ones gets the same
thing.  Solr does have serious limitations in terms of scaling etc.  I
think ES has done a great job there, though this could have been done
with Solr just as easily, eg, upgrade Solr with the same functionality
and remove the need for schemas.  Solr does allow schema-less, with
eg, dynamic fields.