hbase-user mailing list archives

From James Ram <hbas...@gmail.com>
Subject usage of Write Ahead Logs
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 10:12:20 GMT
Hi,

I would like to dispel some of my doubts about WriteAheadLogs (WAL). I
believe they are stored under the .logs directory in hdfs.
But it seems that the information contained in the WAL is insufficient for
recovery after a regionserver goes down.
I have given the sample contents of a WAL of a particular regionserver in my
cluster:

-ROOT-/70236052/1 [#edits: 1 =
<.META.,,1/info:regioninfo/1306420231906/Put/vlen=272; >]
-ROOT-/70236052/2 [#edits: 1 =
<METAROW/METAFAMILY:/1306420232051/Put/vlen=17; >]

This doesn't seem to give any info on the data in the regionserver. Is it
meant only for the master to use this or can we write our own code to handle
failures?

--
With Regards,
Jr.