hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Hadoop not working after replacing hadoop-core.jar with hadoop-core-append.jar
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 23:40:31 GMT
On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 10:37 PM, Mike Spreitzer <mspreitz@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>> So my
>> suggestion is to be unequivocal about it: when running distributed, always
>> build your own Hadoop and put its -core JAR into your HBase installation
>> (or use Cloudera, which has done this for you).  Also: explicitly explain
>> how the file has to be named (there is a strict naming requirement so that
>> the launching scripts work, right?).

I made this change,
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1134129 .  I
removed the section where we talk of copying the hbase hadoop jar
across a cluster.  I notice that in Michael Noll's blog he talks of
renaming branch-0.20.append jar as Andy Zhong points out so will leave
it at that (unless others have improvements).

St.Ack