hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: hadoop / hbase /zookeeper architecture for best performance
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 14:44:42 GMT
Why are you running ZK in VM's?

If those VM's are on a smaller number of machines, then you are making your
failure modes worse, not better.

Zookeeper is very well behaved and should normally be run as a bare process.
 You can migrate/upgrade the cluster at will and you can have several ZK
clusters on the same set of machines if you need to.

For Hbase, I don't think you need to since you can root the hbase info in
different locations in the same ZK cluster.