hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Keytabs and secure hadoop
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 21:29:41 GMT
> From: Francis Christopher Liu <fcliu@yahoo-inc.com>
> Thanks for the warning, we'd like to stick with the ASF
> releases of hadoop.

That's not really advisable with HBase. It's a touchy subject, the 0.20-ish support for append
in HDFS exists in production at some large places but isn't in any ASF 0.20.

We have replayed the append branch on top of branch-0.20-security:
  https://github.com/trendmicro/hadoop-common/tree/0.20-security-append

This is a companion ASF-ish branch to our in development branch of HBase for HBASE-3025 (security
and access control):
  http://github.com/trendmicro/hbase/tree/security

If you're willing to risk data loss with HBase anyway you should give this a shot. We really
need a branch-0.20-security-append.

Best regards,

    - Andy