hbase-user mailing list archives

From Doug Meil <doug.m...@explorysmedical.com>
Subject RE: HBase Get issue
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 20:58:15 GMT
Are you experiencing this?

One our guys found and fixed this a while back.  This was found with Scans, but since a Gets
are implemented as Scans on the RS I thought this might be relevant.

-----Original Message-----
From: Zhenyu Zhong [mailto:zhongresearch@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 4:34 PM
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: HBase Get issue

I am using MapReduce job to retrieve records from HTable.
Sometimes I experienced issues such as a record exists in the HTable, but the MapReduce job
doesn't return one by using Get.
The job still finished successfully.  During that period, the table might experience some
unknown issue, for example, the regions of that table didn't respond. We have to shutdown
the regionserver to make them reassigned.
(Would that be the problem?)

Is there a way to tell the difference between a record in the HTable but fail to return and
a record doesn't exist in the table?

Best,
zhenyu