hbase-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Ward <m...@imageshack.net>
Subject Re: Thrift Autogen: byte[] vs ByteBuffer
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 00:32:52 GMT
The issue I am encountering is that the code generated doing 'thrift --gen java Hbase.thrift'
outputs code utilizing the 'ByteBuffer' type instead of 'bytes[]'. All the code in org.apache.hadoop.hbase.thrift
utilizes byte[]. So basically the code generated via thrift is incompatible with the current
implementation of org.apache.hadoop.hbase.thrfit.Hbase.java. I would either have to rewrite
Hbase.java to use ByteBuffers (like the most latest code is doing) or Rewrite all the boiler
plate code thrift generates to use byte[]. Bothe process seem to be a big pain, so I was seeing
if there was something I didn't know in getting thrift to generate code that is compatible
with how 90.3 is implemented.

-Matt