hbase-user mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <eric.char...@u-mangate.com>
Subject Re: hbase-book on github
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 08:05:17 GMT
Hi Lars,

A base unit test class which setups the embedded HBase cluster with
HBaseTestingUtility, ant the chapter tests being gathered in a JUnit
Suite is an option (you can tell maven to only run the *IntegrationTest
class for example, user would invoke "mvn test" for all tests or "mvn
test -Dtest=Chapter1IntegrationTest").

The approach you take (main with separate cluster) has some advantage:
you can see afterwards the result of your actions in the cluster via the
HBase console, it also "validate" the reader can install HBase.

After rethinking about it, I think the current approach is best :)

Btw, I can find the start-hush.sh to launch the cluster, but not the
script that run the examples.

Tks,
- Eric