hbase-user mailing list archives

From Douglas Campbell <deegs...@yahoo.com>
Subject Timeouts on gets and puts
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 21:08:55 GMT
Is there an easy way to control this?  some magic setting in the HBAseConfiguration passed
to HTable?

The problem we're facing is that for each put and get we  block for however long it takes
to do the put.

The norm put/get is fast or at least impressive to me and yet some puts take 10sec +

We're running 20.6.

The plan is to impose a time limit on each read write op, retry if limit is hit x amount of
times.  In this way we know that given an input set of size N, it will complete, possibly
with failures, in a bounded amount of time.