hbase-user mailing list archives

From Harold Lim <rold...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to improve HBase throughput with YCSB?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 05:00:54 GMT
Hi Andrew,

I tried running on c1.xlarge instances and the performance improved a little bit but the throughput
is still low. I can now get throughput of 700+ read operations per second (up from 400-500+).
I was hoping to get throughput in the order of thousands.

I was wondering if there is something wrong with my set-up or is it normal for HBase running
on ec2 instances to get low throughput numbers?

-Harold