hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Hiller, Dean x66079" <dean.hil...@broadridge.com>
Subject our customer delivering compressed file to hadoop question
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2011 14:49:22 GMT
Is there an example of LZO and is that what I want customers to deliver as, correct?  As when
LZO comes in and is layed over hadoop, it is split into chunks on different nodes so I can
decompress in parallel?

We have a customer who sends  10 million line file.  I see some other stats from production
on a higher end system that is taking 5 hours to decompress so naturally I would like to make
this faster.

Thanks,
Dean

attachments from your system.