hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Hiller, Dean x66079" <dean.hil...@broadridge.com>
Subject RE: in-memory data grid vs. ehcache + hbase
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 16:20:04 GMT
Oh, and I was hoping something like this kind of framework using the hbase slaves file was
already existence...hard to believe it would not be since our performance increase would be
around 100 times in this case....we are currently using something other than hbase and when
we change to this type of design it flies.

Thanks,
Dean

-----Original Message-----
From: Hiller, Dean x66079
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2011 10:16 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Cc: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: RE: in-memory data grid vs. ehcache + hbase

Well, I was hoping there is something with ehcache or some kind of cache where it would work
like this

1. write using hbase client into the grid which came from some web update(which is VERY rare
occurrence as this is admin stuff)
2. write something out to all nodes telling it to evict the stale entry from the cache

Then on the next read on any node, it gets the new data.  It is okay if one node gets a different
value during the transition to the new value than another node and that it becomes eventually
consistent.

Thanks,
Dean