hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gaojinchao <gaojinc...@huawei.com>
Subject Re: Hmaster is OutOfMemory
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 07:24:12 GMT
Thanks, Stack.
The heap dump is so big. I try to dig it and share the result.
Then ,you can give me some suggestion.

Do you give me more suggestion about my cluster?

My application:
write operation with api put<list> is about 75k Puts/s( one put about 400 Bytes)
read opreation is rarely, but the latency time demands lower than 5s

machine:
cpu:    8 core 2.GHz
memory: 24G, Hbase use 8G
Disk:   2T*8 = 16T

node number: 13 nodes

dfs configure:

dfs.block.size 256M
dfs.datanode.handler.count 10
dfs.namenode.handler.count 30
dfs.datanode.max.xcievers 2047
dfs.support.append True

hbase configure:

hbase.regionserver.handler.count 50
hbase.regionserver.global.memstore.upperLimit 0.4
hbase.regionserver.global.memstore.lowerLimit 0.35
hbase.hregion.memstore.flush.size 128M
hbase.hregion.max.filesize 512M
hbase.client.scanner.caching 1
hfile.block.cache.size 0.2
hbase.hregion.memstore.block.multiplier 3
hbase.hstore.blockingStoreFiles 10
hbase.hstore.compaction.min.size 64M

compress: gz

I am afraid of some problem:
1, One region server has about 12k reigons or more, if up the hregion.max.filesize , parallel
scalability will be low and affect scan latency .
2, If a region server crashed, It could bring on the other region server crashed?

Can you give some suggestion about the hbase parameter and my cluster ?