hbase-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Ward <m...@imageshack.net>
Subject Re: Pagination through families / columns?
Date Sat, 14 May 2011 01:27:48 GMT
Ok so I am running a couple tests to see if I will be able to successfully hack up the thrift
api. We are running version .89, here's the code I have in my test:

 Filter newFilter = new ColumnPaginationFilter(5,0);
        Get myget = new Get(Bytes.toBytes("row1"));
        myget.setFilter(newFilter);
        myget.addFamily(Bytes.toBytes("att"));
        myget.setMaxVersions(1);
        Result  myR = table.get(myget);
        System.out.println(myR.toString());
        for (KeyValue kv : myR.list() ) {
                System.out.println( Bytes.toString( kv.getQualifier() ) + " : " + Bytes.toString(
kv.getValue() ) );
        }

In the table we have:

hbase(main):003:0> scan 'myTable'
ROW                                      COLUMN+CELL

 myLittleRow                             column=att:someQualifier, timestamp=1305335658005,
value=Some Value
 row1                                    column=att:col1, timestamp=1305329505518, value=hello

 row1                                    column=att:col2, timestamp=1305329526015, value=world

 row1                                    column=att:col3, timestamp=1305329532252, value=foo

 row1                                    column=att:col4, timestamp=1305329537921, value=bar

 row1                                    column=att:col5, timestamp=1305326707231, value=1

Running that code gives me the following output:

keyvalues={row1/att:col1/1305329505518/Put/vlen=5, row1/att:col2/1305329526015/Put/vlen=5}
col1 : hello
col2 : world

I am trying to determine if we are just doing something wrong or if filter is ran before filtering
maxversions, etc. The javadoc for .90 says it happens after the ttl, version, etc filtering.

Further I need to verify if this is something that we can do with get / and or scan.

Thanks!