hbase-user mailing list archives

From Wayne <wav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mslab enabled jvm crash
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 01:20:46 GMT
That may be the best advice I ever got...although I would say 9 months we
didn't have 1 line of python and now we have a fantastic mpp framework built
with python with a team most of which never wrote a line of python before.

But...java is not python...

We have shredded our relational past and frankly the sharded postgresql
design mirrors the key store of hbase. We are not looking to make hbase a
relational database...we expect it to work without going awol. It works
great 99% of the time but that 1% might be when our bigest customer is
logging in to see important data and gets hung with a 2 minute pause because
it was not in memcache and the region has gone awol in a full GC.