hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: About RegionServer checkin
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 20:12:46 GMT
2011/5/25 Gaojinchao <gaojinchao@huawei.com>:
> How many regions in the cluster?  Do you say 1344 above?  How do we get to 5041?
>
> In my test cluster: 1 hmasters , 2 regionservers , 3 zookeeper and 5041 regions
>
> In this scenario:
> 1, Two Zookeeper crashed

What made them crash?  Are you doing recovery testing?

> 2, One Hmaster and one regionserver crashed
> 3. zookeeper started
> 4.Hmaster and regionserver started.
> 5.I found that region number is more 1000 than the fact.

I do not follow what you are saying above.  There are 5041 regions on
the cluster?  What are you saying above?

> I read the code and found regions should be opened two times.
> I think region server should be added to onlineServers in two case:
> 1. region server startup

Yes.  When RS starts up, it will go and send a report for duty message
to the master.

> 2. Region server checkin when Hmaster thread call waitForRegionServers()

So, if RS comes in after this, tell it YouAreDeadException?   What if
its just slow starting?  Or what if its a big cluster?  What if you
want to double your serving capacity?  You won't be able to just add
machines.  You'll need to kill the master after you add the machines
and then restart it?

I do not understand the problem you are seeing Gao?  Please try
explaining more.  Sorry I am being slow to understand.

St.Ack