hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CopyTable job is really slow
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 00:33:12 GMT
That's a very vague question... what's "slow" exactly? How much data
do you have to copy? What transfer rate are you expecting? What's the
hardware like? How big is the pipe between the two clusters?

The best I could tell you would be to make sure that the target table
is already pre-split, that you are using enough mappers on the source
cluster and that the scanner caching is really picked up by the
mapreduce job (meaning that hbase-site.xml is in Hadoop's classpath.

J-D

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Harold Lim <rold_50@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to copy a table from one hbase cluster to another hbase cluster using the
CopyTable job. It seems to be very slow. Any tips to improve the performance? Or is it really
like that?