hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: wrong region exception
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 20:02:54 GMT
On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Robert Gonzalez
<Robert.Gonzalez@maxpointinteractive.com> wrote:
> Now I'm getting the wrong region exception on the new table that I'm copying the old
table to.  Running hbck reveals an inconsistency in the new table.  The frustration is unbelievable.
 Like I said before, it doesn't appear that HBase is ready for prime time.  I don't know
how companies are using this successfully, it doesn't appear plausible.

Sorry you are not having a good experience.  I've not seen
WrongRegionException in ages (Grep these lists yourself).  Makes me
suspect your environment.  For sure you've read the requirements
section in the manual and set up ulimits, nprocs and xceivers up?

St.Ack