hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Is there any way I could force record a HBase table that has missing blocks.
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 19:55:48 GMT
On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Stanley Xu <wenhao.xu@gmail.com> wrote:
> We were doing some network migration on our system and made some mistakes in
> the operation. So for some of our hbase data, we have some block missed,
> like the following by a fsck command output(in the end part of the mail). I
> am wondering if we could just ignore the missing blocks(let's say we just
> lost part of the data) but still keep the whole table available? Because our
> backup didn't cover all the data in the hbase table. If we could ignore the
> missing blocks, and do an overwrite with the backup data, the data we lost
> is trivial.

The blocks belong to a file.  An option on fsck will output the files
that have the missing blocks.  You could remove those files and HBase
should come up or replace them from your backup if they exists
therein.  If the missing blocks are in .META. files and you do not
have a recovery, then getting hbase back up will be a bit more of an
interesting exercise.   We can help if the latter is the case.

St.Ack