hbase-user mailing list archives

From Himanish Kushary <himan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Log4j changes not working inside static mapper and reducer classes
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 22:52:22 GMT
The log4j logging statements work when I run the Map-Reduce job from eclipse
using the LocalTaskTracker. But the logging is not working when I ran the
Map-Reduce through hadoop jar command on the cluster. Strangely only the
logging statements in the main enclosing class(the job class with main
method) are working (so seems to be picking up the log4j settings) whereas
the logging statements inside the static Mapper and Reducer classes are not
getting printed. This is a HBase Map-Reduce job.

Could it be some Hadoop/HBase specific log4j settings which could help to
get the logging messages inside the static Mapper-Reducer classes to get
printed.

--
Thanks & Regards
Himanish