hbase-user mailing list archives

From Himanish Kushary <himan...@gmail.com>
Subject Log4j changes not working inside static mapper and reducer classes
Date Tue, 24 May 2011 14:17:28 GMT
Hi,

I have enabled debug for my Map-Reduce package inside the log4j.properties
under the $HADOOP_HOME/conf directory (using CDH3).

log4j.logger.com.himanish.analytics.mapreduce=DEBUG

The logging messages are getting logged for the main enclosing Map-Reduce
job class but not for the static Mapper-Reducer classes inside it. I am
using the same logger instance from the enclosing class inside the static
classes.I tried creating seperate logger for the static mapper-reducer
classes to no effect.

Could anybody please provide any suggestions to resolve this. Also is
modifying the log4j.properties in the conf directory a good approach to
enable logging or is there some other better way.

--
Thanks & Regards
Himanish