hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hbase 2077 status?
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 23:14:33 GMT
It is, but I'm trying to give you solutions until we get that fixed.
In any case, you will hit your task timeout at some point anyway.

J-D

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 4:09 PM, Vidhyashankar Venkataraman
<vidhyash@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>>> maybe you could bump the timeouts high enough so that you don't
>>> hit the issue at all?
> Don't you think setting a high timeout might be a little ad hoc? This might just work
except that it could lead to a really long delay during cases when there should be a timeout.
 Also we have non-homogeneous data, the timeout setting may have to be set differently for
different access sizes.

>  I can go through the patch and ping you guys back.
>
> Vidhya
>
> On 5/19/11 3:42 PM, "Jean-Daniel Cryans" <jdcryans@apache.org> wrote:
>
> The latest patch would need some more work, I did more than what's
> really required.
>
> If you are really taking more than a minute to do a single next()
> call, maybe you could bump the timeouts high enough so that you don't
> hit the issue at all? The default is pretty arbitrary.
>
> J-D
>
> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Vidhyashankar Venkataraman
> <vidhyash@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>> I had spoken a while back about this problem (clients timing out when scanners do
not return with a row yet: search for "A possible bug in the scanner. "

>> I am trying to fix the problem in the next few days: our system is a little crippled
without the fix (We use filters in scans and the bug crops up during filters that return sparse
sets.).