hbase-user mailing list archives

From Erik Onnen <eon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mslab enabled jvm crash
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 20:21:32 GMT
On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Ted Dunning <tdunning@maprtech.com> wrote:
> It should be recognized that your experiences are a bit out of the norm
> here.  Many hbase installations use more recent JVM's without problems.

Indeed, we run u25 on CentOS 5.6 and over several days uptime it's
common to never see a full GC across an 8GB heap.

What we never see is a ParNew taking .1 seconds, they're usually .01
and we never have full collections lasting 92 seconds. The only time
I've ever seen a JVM at 8GB take that long is when running on puny
(read virtualized) cores or when there are Ubuntu kernel bugs at play.
The same is true for our Cassandra deploys as well.