hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hbase 2077 status?
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 22:42:41 GMT
The latest patch would need some more work, I did more than what's
really required.

If you are really taking more than a minute to do a single next()
call, maybe you could bump the timeouts high enough so that you don't
hit the issue at all? The default is pretty arbitrary.

J-D

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Vidhyashankar Venkataraman
<vidhyash@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> I had spoken a while back about this problem (clients timing out when scanners do not
return with a row yet: search for "A possible bug in the scanner. "

> I am trying to fix the problem in the next few days: our system is a little crippled
without the fix (We use filters in scans and the bug crops up during filters that return sparse
sets.).