hbase-user mailing list archives

From Himanish Kushary <himan...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase Not Starting after improper shutdown
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 14:50:44 GMT
Hi,

Our hbase/hadoop servers machines were shutdown without bringing the hadoop
and hbase services down properly.Now when we try to bring up hbase we get
the following error in the master log:

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException: Region is not online:
-ROOT-,,0

Hadoop services (namenode,jobtracker,datanode etc) have come up properly and
we are able to see the files in HDFS. But HBase Master keeps on throwing
this exception and then finally throws a Java Heap Space error.

Note: We have two datanodes, replication set to 2 and around 900 blocks are
shown as under-replicated.

Thanks & Regards
Himanish