hbase-user mailing list archives

From tsuna <tsuna...@gmail.com>
Subject Has anyone seen u24 segfault in the libc in clearerr?
Date Sun, 08 May 2011 06:34:30 GMT
This is a long shot.  We're tracking down a problem at StumbleUpon
where some JVMs of our Thrift servers randomly die of a segfault.  The
JVM just dies and leaves no trace.  The kernel logs the death rattle
in syslog:
[6972799.682147] hbase_regionser[30904]: segfault at 8 ip
00007f8878fb608b sp 00007fff09b69900 error 4 in
libc-2.9.so[7f8878f46000+168000]

I've put my analysis of the problem so far at
http://blog.tsunanet.net/2011/05/jvm-u24-segfault-in-clearerr-on-jaunty.html
but just in case anyone has a hunch or has run into a similar issue, I
thought I'd ask here too.  Any ideas would be much appreciated,
thanks.

--
Benoit "tsuna" Sigoure
Software Engineer @ www.StumbleUpon.com