hbase-user mailing list archives

From Chris Tarnas <...@email.com>
Subject Re: Any trigger like facility for HBase tables
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 17:56:05 GMT
HBase doesn't really distinguish between updates and inserts - they really are both just puts.
You would need to lock the row and then do a get to see if any data exists for the row - that
would allow you to to see if you are doing an insert or update. I'm not sure what specific
facilities coprocessors have to support that.

-chris