hbase-user mailing list archives

From Edward Choi <mp2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hbase and hypertable comparison
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 06:10:47 GMT

Thanks for the clear answer Andy.
The comparison actually was conducted by hypertable dev team, so I guess it wasn't all that
fair to hbase.
I have regained the confidence in hbase once more :)

Ed

From mp2893's iPhone

On 2011. 5. 26., at 오전 12:03, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:

> I think I can speak for all of the HBase devs that in our opinion this vendor "benchmark"
was designed by hypertable to demonstrate a specific feature of their system -- autotuning
-- in such a way that HBase was, obviously, not tuned. Nobody from the HBase project was consulted
on the results or to do such tuning, as is common courtesy when running a competitive benchmark,
if the goal is a fair test. Furthermore the "benchmark" code was not a community accepted
benchmark such as YCSB.