hbase-user mailing list archives

From Doug Meil <doug.m...@explorysmedical.com>
Subject RE: just trying to get into HBase from java
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 21:44:53 GMT

Read this section in the HBase book...

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#d427e2108

"Java client configuration"

-----Original Message-----
From: James McGlothlin [mailto:mcglothlinjp@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2011 4:57 PM
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: just trying to get into HBase from java

I am able to utilize HBase from the shell with no problems.

However, I have been unable to access it from Java code.  I may very well be making some simple
error but I am at a lost as all the examples I find do it the same way.

I have tried:

Configuration conf=  HBaseConfiguration.create(); HBaseAdmin hbase = new HBaseAdmin(conf);
HTable gicp = new HTable(conf,"GICP");

and I have tried skipping the HBaseAdmin step:

Configuration conf=  HBaseConfiguration.create(); HTable gicp = new HTable(conf,"GICP");

and I have tried adding a dset step:

conf.dset("hbase.master","localhost:60000");

While the errors appear to all be zookeeper related, they are not consistent.

I am running hbase 0.90.1 on a 9 machine hadoop cluster.

Help would be greatly appreciated.  The conf creation always works and the next line always
fails.  I can create tables from HBase shell with no problem.

All assistance is appreciated,

James McGlothlin