hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vidhyashankar Venkataraman <vidhy...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: TableInputFormat and number of mappers == number of regions
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 18:24:05 GMT
Just so you guys know, the 150K regions was in a test cluster that we had let run amok.

Our prod cluster has less than 50 regions per region server. Considering 700 nodes, that comes
to around 22K regions! The job tracker could still potentially be overloaded with this number.
The solution is indeed a new TableInputFormat rewritten with 1 task per regionserver than
per region.