hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: HBase - Column family
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2011 09:25:47 GMT
That's how I would do it:
What's nice in HBase is that you can store all the data for one of
your keywords in a single row.
Create a column family "doc_id".
Now, for each word, you create one row.
In this row, for each matching document you create one column (that's
the gotcha compared to a RDB design).
The name of the column is the doc id. The column's cell content is the weight.

So, following your example you'd get:

row id | column-family:column....
HELLO |  doc_id:2 | doc_id:3 | doc_id:4

and column values: