hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: HBase design schema
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 22:30:17 GMT
OpenTSDB does an interesting thing where they put a primary key in front of
the date.  This limits some of the hot-spotting on inserts.  Each different
kind of query goes to a different machine as well.  The query balancing
won't be as good as the insert balancing since some queries are much more
popular.