hbase-user mailing list archives

From Felix Sprick <fspr...@gmail.com>
Subject Impacting the Hbase load balancer
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:54:01 GMT
Hi all,

We are using HBase 0.90 with cloudera distribution for HDFS (cdh3b3).
We have a setup with 4 regionservers and dozens of clients writing 1KB
data 50 times per second into hbase. What we want to achieve is
distributing the load to all of the regionservers, so that clients
write to all regionservers. Question is: can we impact which region
server the data is written to by using an appropriate rowkey? Or what
other way is there to involve the max number of regionservers? Our
rowkey basically consists of a timestamp but we were planning to salt
it by adding a client ID or some other information to it.

thanks,
Felix