hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: 0.90 latency performance, cdh3b4
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 17:18:29 GMT
On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlieu.7@gmail.com> wrote:
> Got it. This must be the reason. Cause it is a laugh check, and i do
> see 6 regions for 40 rows so it can span them, although i can't
> confirm it for sure.

Run a scan from the shell:

  hbase> scan 'YOUR_TABLE'

... and you should see the setup of the scanner as it crosses regions
(You may have to exit shell, enable logging for the client in
log4j.properties, and then retry in the shell -- but I believe it on
by default).

> Is there a way to set max # of regions per table? I guess the method
> in the manual is to set max region size. Which means i probably need
> to re-create the table with one region to get back to 1 region? or
> maybe there's a way to get it back to one region without recreating
> it, such as major compaction?

If 40 rows in it, just disable and drop it and then recreate.

There is http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hbase.regionserver.regionSplitLimit
for setting maximum count of regions.

St.Ack