hbase-user mailing list archives

From tsuna <tsuna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.90 latency performance, cdh3b4
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2011 19:31:01 GMT
On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlieu.7@gmail.com> wrote:
> is it possible to configure this client to open more than one socket
> connection from same client to same region server?
> In other words, is HBASE-2939 already non-issue there?

No asynchbase doesn't have HBASE-2939, but as I said, I haven't seen a
case (yet) where something like that is needed.  In my experience
people see performance gains when pooling connections mostly when the
RPC protocol or implementation is inefficient.  Try asynchbase, it's
possible that it'll perform better, it's a completely different
implementation.  It certainly did for me.

--
Benoit "tsuna" Sigoure
Software Engineer @ www.StumbleUpon.com