hbase-user mailing list archives

From piotre...@gmail.com
Subject Is it possible to design ranking index with HBase?
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2011 19:57:21 GMT
Hi, secondary indexes for read only data are scalable and the easiest
index use case for HBase.
But what about some kind of mutable secondary indexes like ranking index
(something like one table is indexed on score field that change offten
- I know it depends on project specifics however I think general
problem is simple to understand).
I think due to scanner specifics and optimistic locking model there
are no solutions (reinserts for score/ranking index update can make
this index scan incoherent).
Please give me some point to start, if that types of indexes are
possible to achieve with HBase at all.

Regards