hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Bender <jonathan.ben...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HDFS reports corrupted blocks after HBase reinstall
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 00:19:51 GMT
Wow, this is more intense than I thought...as soon as I load HBase again, my
HDFS filesystem reverts back to an older snapshot essentially.  As in, I
don't see any of the changes I had made since that time, in the hbase table
or otherwise.

I'm using CDH3 beta 4, which I believe stores its local hbase data in a
different directory--not entirely sure where though.

I'm not entirely sure what happened to mess this up, but it seems pretty
serious.